Summer Hair Secrets
Summer is an extremely enjoyable time of the year and also the most awaited but it is also the season where our hair is damaged the most. This is the time that our tresses become unmanageable, frizzy and dry because of too much exposure to the sun. Learn how to protect your crowning glory with these summer hair secrets.
- Give your hair a break from styling tools or potentially damaging products. The least you want to do is add more damage to your hair. It is time to go “au naturel”.
- Since this is the time your hair is at its driest, make sure to drink lots of fluid. This also helps keep your skin hydrated. Water therapy is always the best.
- To achieve sexy waves this season, apply a quarter size conditioner and a soft holding curling gel with the same amount on wet hair. Brush your hair to distribute the product evenly and twist hair into a bun. Sleep on it. Remove the bun in the morning, flip your head over and massage your crown with your fingers.
- If you really have a hard time managing your hair this summer and simply have no time to before heading off, it is wise to fashion an updo. Any bun, ponytail or braid will do the job. These classic looks never go out of style. We love messy updos.
- Get a deep conditioning treatment regularly during this time of the year. The more often your tresses are conditioned, the better and healthier for your hair. Get your free deep conditioning treatment here.
- When your hair is wet from swimming or if you just stepped out of the shower, avoid damaging your hair by using a wide tooth comb.
- Always rinse hair with cold water to avoid frizz and to lock in shine. Cold water helps make hair more manageable.
- Rinse your hair under a shower before a dip in the pool or ocean. Dry hair tends to absorb more salt or chlorine compared to wet hair. Massage sesame oil at the ends of your hair to avoid sun damage.
- Wear a hat, a bandana or a scarf to protect your hair. Being scorched directly under the sun is never good for your hair or skin.
- Lastly, get a regular hair cut religiously. Products do not have the power to mend split ends, they need to be trimmed. If you are not a hair stylist, leave the cutting, trimming, shaping to the pros.